Let's begin with the most basic tenants of the vacation:
- Sleeping In - Check - in between the calls for pain meds
- Inebriation - Good pain meds, Doc
- Vomiting - Bad pain meds, Doc
- Strange Tattoos/Scars - 4 surgical scars added
- Unrecognizable Foods - Has anyone ever really had good hospital food?
- Spent too much $ - Well, I haven't gotten the bill yet, but let's safely assume Yes, Yes I did.
- Recovery Time - Doc said approximately 3 weeks before I would be heading back to work
So in a general, round about way, I got a vacation. Too bad, I didn't really enjoy it. After all, I had planned to do some extensive reading. That did NOT happen. Obviously. Between the rooms spins, the nausea, the sleeping and the general pain I am still in, not 1 new book has been read in the past week. Crap. There goes my Goodreads Challenge.