Aaron Paul Lazar
Genre: Contemporary Romantic Suspense
Date of Publication: October 20, 2013
Number of pages: 286
Word Count: 77,550
Cover Artist: Kellie Dennis
On Sale Everywhere for Only $0.99
Make sure to get yours today.
Make sure to get yours today.
They say it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.Excerpt:
Finn McGraw disagrees.
He was just seventeen when he had a torrid summer affair with the girl who stole his heart—and then inexplicably turned on him. Finn may have moved on with his life, but he’s never forgotten her.
Now, ten years later, he’s got more than his lost love to worry about. A horrific accident turns his life upside down, resurrecting the ghosts of his long-dead family and taking the lives of the few people he has left.
Finn always believed his estranged brother was responsible for the fire that killed their family—but an unexpected inheritance with a mystery attached throws everything he knows into doubt.
And on top of that, the beguiling daughter of his wealthy employer has secrets of her own. But the closer he gets, the harder she pushes him away.
The Seacrest is a story of intrigue and betrayal, of secrets and second chances—and above all, of a love that never dies.
July 2nd, 1997Giveaway:
We collapsed on the sand with the ball between us, breathing hard and laughing.
“You’re pretty good at this,” she said.
I leaned back on my arms and chuckled. “So are you. For a girl.”
She sat up and hit my arm. “What? For a girl?”
Afraid she’d storm off, I took her hand and pulled her close to me. “I’m just kidding! Really, you’re good, even for a guy.”
She smiled that lazy, sweet grin again and I felt my heart melt.
“Okay. That’s better.”
“What’s your name?” I asked.
“Okay.” I sat up, furrowed my brow, and placed fingertips against my temples, staring at her.
“I’m getting something. It’s coming.”
She laughed and poked my chest. “Oh, really? What do you see?”
I gave it a shot. “Jennifer?”
She snorted. “No!”
I tried again. “Sarah?”
She giggled. “Heck, no.”
I tried to think of the most popular names of our generation, hoping it was one of them.
“Uhnt-uh.” She shook her head.
“Give me a hint.”
“Oh, come on!” I frowned. “How can I guess?”
“You have to.”
“Okay. Hannah? Jessica? Carly? Jenna? Lisa?”
“No, no, no, no, and no.”
“Hey. How ‘bout if I tell you my name?”
“What is it?”
I hesitated. “It’s a weird one.”
“Okay. It’s Finn.”
She tilted her head. “That’s not weird. I like it. Finn.” She seemed to taste the letters on her tongue, enjoying the feel of it. “It’s different. But nice.”
“Okay. Your turn.” I sat forward expectantly.
“Nope. I’m not telling. You have to keep guessing.”
I ran through all the names I could imagine, and didn’t hit on it. Frustrated now, I flopped back on the sand. “Okay. Then I’m gonna make up a name for you.”
She made a face. “Really?” Quickly, she leaned over me, her face blocking the sun.
In a sudden rush of feeling, I wanted to pull her to me, to smother her in kisses, to taste the salt on her skin.
“Okay, what’s it gonna be? What’s my new name?”
Aaron will be awarding at random six individual prizes to six randomly drawn commenters during the tour:
- For the Birds eBook(Kindle, Nook, or PDF)
- For the Birds Audio Book, narrated by Hannah Seusy
- For the Birds print book
- Essentially Yours eBook (Kindle, Nook, PDF)
- Essentially Yours Audio Book, narrated by Hannah Seusy
- Essentially Yours print book
Book Tour Info:
Don't forget to check out the other stops on the Book Tour:
Books on Silver Wings
Krystal Shannan - Where Love and Destiny Collide
Farm Girl Books
Room With Books
Stephanie's Book Shelf
Lisa Haselton's Reviews and Interviews
The Hedonistic Minimalist
Welcome to My World of Dreams
It's Raining Books
Straight from the Library
Long and Short Reviews
The Women's Fiction Review
Dawn's Reading Nook Blog
Full Moon Dreaming
Nickie's Views and Interviews
Moonlight, Lace and Mayhem
Author Jinni James
A to Z Reviews
My Odd Little World
Deal Sharing Aunt
Musings and Ramblings
Enjoying the Unique Flavors of Life
Aaron Paul Lazar writes to soothe his soul. An award-winning author of three addictive mystery series, writing books, and a new love story, Aaron enjoys the Genesee Valley countryside in upstate New York, where his characters embrace life, play with their dogs and grandkids, grow sumptuous gardens, and chase bad guys. Visit his website at http://www.lazarbooks.com and watch for his upcoming Twilight Times Books releases, SANCTUARY (2014), and VIRTUOSO (2014).
To connect with the author online:
Website | Blog | Collaborative Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon Author Page | Linked In | Google +
Twilight Times Books by multi-award winning author, Aaron Lazar:
- DOUBLE FORTÉ (print, eBook, audio book)
- UPSTAGED (print, eBook, audio book)
- TREMOLO: CRY OF THE LOON (print, eBook, audio book)
- MAZURKA (print, eBook, audio book)
- FIRESONG (print, eBook, audio book)
- DON’T LET THE WIND CATCH YOU (print, eBook, audio book)
- VIRTUOSO (~2014)
- HEALEY'S CAVE (print, eBook, audio book)
- TERROR COMES KNOCKING (print, eBook, audio book)
- FOR KEEPS (print, eBook, audio book)
- FOR THE BIRDS (print, eBook, audio book)
- ESSENTIALLY YOURS (print, eBook, audio book)
- SANCTUARY (2014)
- MURDER ON THE SACANDAGA (~2014)
- STANDALONES: THE SEACREST (coming fall of 2013)
WRITE LIKE THE WIND, volumes 1, 2, 3 (ebooks and audio books)
- 2012 ForeWord BOTYA, Mystery, FINALIST
- 2013 Eric Hoffer Book Awards: Grand Prize Short List
- 2013 Eric Hoffer Book Awards: Honorable Mention, Eric Hoffer Legacy Fiction
- 2011 Global eBook Award Finalist in Historical Fiction Contemporary
- 2011 Preditors & Editors Readers Choice Award – 2nd place Mystery
- 2008 Yolanda Renée's Top Ten Books
- 2008 MYSHELF Top Ten Reads
- 2011 ForeWord Book Awards, FINALIST in Mystery
- 2012 Carolyn Howard-Johnson's Top 10 Reads
- 2013 EPIC Book Awards, FINALIST in Suspense
- 2013 Eric Hoffer Da Vinci Eye Award Finalist
- 2012 EPIC Book Awards WINNER Best Paranormal
- 2011 Eric Hoffer Book Award, WINNER Best Book in Commercial Fiction
- 2011 Finalist for Allbooks Review Editor's Choice
- 2011 Winner of Carolyn Howard Johnson's 9th Annual Noble (not Noble!) Prize for Literature
- 2011 Finalists for Global EBook Awards
- 2013 Global Ebook Awards, Paranormal – Bronze
- 2013 Semi Finalist in Kindle Book Review Book Awards, Mystery Category