Jennifer Kacey, Anna Alexander, Heather Long, Rebecca Royce, Sabrina York, Saranna DeWylde, Roxie Rivera
Genre: Contemporary Military Romance Anthology
Publisher: Never Settle Publishing
Date of Publication: February 10, 2015
Number of pages: 743
Word Count: 257,620
Cover Artist: Jennifer Kacey
For decades the US Marines funded a top-secret unit known as Elite Recon. A deadly group of men and women sent to infiltrate dozens of countries completely undetected. Mission objectives so extreme casualties were not only probable, but expected.Excerpt:
The current batch of operatives had returned from hundreds of assignments unscathed…until one mission went horribly wrong. Several men lost their lives and the group disbanded. The remaining leathernecks were scattered in the wind with new identities. They were told to blend in. Be normal. Or face being forever silenced just like their fallen brothers.
Now, two years later, each living member of the group is kidnapped and given a chance to make things right. But this time they’re no longer under the thumb of Uncle Sam. A mysterious private backer who knows about their past has brought them back together. No longer are they forced to turn a blind eye to the lost and forsaken.
A new life. A new future…Elite Metal.
Bound By Steele
By Anna Alexander and Jennifer Kacey
To save his Marine brothers and sister he must accept the past isn’t dead and buried. Reuniting survivors means he is forced to first forgive…the enemy.
Steele, the man he was, died. A civilian with a new name stands in his place in the wake of death. Everything he had, lost when his undercover contact, Venus, disappeared when it counted most. In the shadow of regret, Steele is reborn from the flames of a Phoenix. To right the wrongs that destroyed his military family, he must put his trust in the hands of a mysterious backer, and the woman who led his team to the slaughter.
Not knowing who sold her out at the final hour, Alayna Devlin, spent the last two years on the run. Then the mastermind behind Elite Metal tracked her down, and offered her the chance to atone for past mistakes. To cleanse her conscience requires a baptism by fire and submission to the man who will either put the final nail in her coffin or set her heart free.
The past. The future. Truth. Lies. Nothing is as it seems when two shattered hearts are finally given the chance to heal.
By Jennifer Kacey
A former leader of Elite Recon, reduced to nothing more than an apathetic existence.
Until his girl’s life hangs in the balance…now nothing will stand in the way of him coming back to life.
Chrome had it all. Exactly what he wanted. A career in the Marines he loved, fighting alongside his brothers and sisters to protect the US from everything set out to destroy it. Then on their last mission as Elite Recon they were double-crossed…and everything went horribly wrong.
Cammie needs help rescuing her siblings from the clutches of a man determined to crush everything she holds dear. But she has no one to turn to. No one to lean on when she’s trapped in a world she never knew existed. Lost in a world of pseudo-normalcy Chrome’s reduced to nothing more than existing. Day in. Day out. Nothing to live for.
Until his girl’s life hangs in the balance. Now nothing will stand in his way of coming back to life.
Love at first sight is a myth. Or so Chrome thought. Everything he thinks is true disappears in the presence…of his salvation.
By Anna Alexander
Adamantium left Beth to what he thought was a better life, only to find she had been living in hell. Now he’ll do anything, break any vow, to claim her as his for all time.
Adamantium feels right at home being back to what he does best with his Elite Metal buddies, especially if it keeps his mind off her. Beth Bradshaw. His best friend’s girl. But when their paths cross again, he discovers Beth is in the hands of a dangerous man. Vow or now vow to his Elite Metal family, Ant will do anything to claim the woman he loves.
By Heather Long
Copper will do whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means seducing and betraying the one man who really sees her.
Former Marine special forces, Sachi “Copper” James is a chameleon. She thrives on being someone else. Her mission? Identify the rat who sold her team bad intel. Gabriel Danvers, ex-CIA analyst, is a master of disseminating the details. He wants to enjoy a normal life, retired from the game. His mission? Teach classes.
When Gabriel becomes the target of Copper’s investigation, he re-enters a world of danger and deception--all to claim the passion of the one woman who’s haunted him for years.
By Sabrina York
When a snoopy reporter threatens the Elite Metal, Sterling will do whatever it takes to kill her story about the team. Even if it means he has to tie her to his bed.
When Sterling spots a reporter masquerading as a waitress in a dingy bar in Deep Ellum, he suspects she’s investigating the team. And that’s something he just cannot allow to happen. Too many lives are at stake. He will do everything in his power to learn the truth—even seduce her. And to stop her story from coming out? He might even tie her to the bed.
Nothing is off the table when it comes to keeping his brothers safe. Nothing. It’s a damn shame she’s everything he’s ever wanted. It’s a damn shame her touch warms his cold, dead heart.
By Rebecca Royce
Platinum left the life he had with Rose in New York to rejoin his team and silence the nightmares from Operation Phoenix. But when Rose is forced to go on the run with Platinum’s hidden son, he will have no choice but to return to his old life and reclaim what he has ached for every day since. Red Wolf’s sniper wants to nudge Plat’s underbelly and they’re going to find out quickly how deadly he can be.
Platinum was a man of few words before he changed his name and had his sniper rifle taken away. But as Elijah, he could start over, maybe even fall in love with his hidden son's Kindergarten teacher, Rose. But Platinum is reborn when Elijah is kidnapped, so he's left with no choice but to vanish, leaving Rose to wonder about his fate, broken-hearted.
Rose has spent the last year getting over the disappearance of the man she knew as Eli. Now, alone and terrified, she finds herself on the run from a sniper while trying to hide a scared little boy from certain death.
Red Wolf's crew isn't done with Plat, and his soft underbelly is just the place to nudge. Sniper vs. sniper, Platinum will reclaim what is his. That is, if she'll even have him back...
By Saranna DeWylde
A scarred, mad genius more monster than man must protect the beauty he's become obsessed with from a beast more terrible than himself.
Serum 17 took his face, took his kindness and took his empathy. It took, in essence, all of John Thrace leaving only the Elite Metal operative "Mercury" in his place. A man marked with a biohazard tattoo because he knows he's incompatible with other living things. Until he becomes obsessed with the seemingly innocent doctor Hazel Brewer and a chance encounter changes everything.
Hazel knows the giant scarred man won't hurt her even though she's in the business of saving lives and he'd rather take them. In fact, she's never felt safer or more alive than when she's with him. Even when a terrible biological weapon forces her into his arms for a night of hot passion she won't soon forget.
Their love could be the redemption he never thought he wanted, or something even more toxic: Mercury's poison.
Forged in Silver
By Roxie Rivera
Rebel. Nomad. Troublemaker.
After surviving the double-cross during Operation Phoenix, Former Elite Recon Marine Silver embraces the underworld and builds a new life as one of the world's most renowned thieves. Jewels, paintings, corporate espionage--there's no job he won't take for the right price.
Until Poppy Jones orders her ghosts to snatch him up in Budapest and haul him back to Texas to face her brand of justice...
Forced to decide between a prison cell and signing on to Elite Metal, Silver chooses the latter. Quietly operating in the background of a team that no longer trusts or wants him, he completes all the dirty little jobs that keep the team alive and flush with new intel.
But when he learns Poppy plans to infiltrate a terrorist gathering, he refuses to hide in the shadows a moment longer. In a world of secrets and lies, Poppy Jones is his bright light of truth and trust.
And he'll brave the fires of hell--and the disdain of Steele and Chrome--to protect her.
Bound by Steele
“Ah,” he grunted and slapped at the dart embedded into his neck.
Who tracked him down? Russian intelligence? Red Wolf? Or was the US government ready to make sure he was a mistake that never came back to haunt them?
Adrenaline shot whatever drug they loaded him up with through his blood stream like a rocket, and instantly his body went heavy as though sand filled his veins. His knees were gave way as the bone had been replaced by Slinkies. He bobbed and stumbled into the railing.
Stay calm. Stay the fuck calm.
“It’s best if you don’t resist us, Steele,” said the tallest of the trio. Other than the height difference, the three looked like triplets in matching wetsuits and face masks.
American accent? So, he was being called home.
“What? You thought I’d make this easy for you?” he sputtered past numb lips and inched back, searching for a way to escape.
At this point it was looking as if the only option was over the railing to the open ocean below. If he was limp enough, he might be able to pop to the surface like a cork. If not, well…
“We’ve come to collect you.”
“Really? I’m no fucking postage stamp.”
With the last of his energy, he swung his leg around with a roundhouse kick, knocking the front man into his buddy behind him. Spots floated in his vision as he threw a right hook followed by an upper cut. From the sounds of grunting and a gasp of pain, he knew he connected with something, but he couldn’t tell what.
Two pairs of hands latched on to his arms and pulled him to the ground.
“Nice to see he hasn’t lost his spirit,” one of them said. “Even doped up, he still packs a bunch. Damn, I think he broke a tooth.”
“You’re so dead,” he slurred as the world went black. Either the ghosts put a bag over his head or the drugs victoriously sucked him under. “Dead, you… mother…”
* * * * *
Sweat trickled down his cheek. The sweltering fabric pressed against his face added to the discomfort of a throbbing head. Exhaustion weighed him down as though he’d hiked a hundred miles with an eighty-pound pack on his back.
Steele licked his lips and tasted nothing but nappy cotton and an acrid, metallic aftertaste. The nauseous feeling reminded him of his time in training when he had been drugged to condition his body to withstand enemy torture.
What the hell?
His eyes flew open to a vision of black, black and more black.
Memories of his last moments on the oil rig came flooding back. The men in black, the sting of the needle, and missing his former life so badly, he’d been tempted to jump into the ocean and sink to the rocky bottom.
But he hadn’t jumped. He’d fought, fought with his last breath.
Huh, well what do ya know. He did have the will to live after all.
But for how much longer would he have the opportunity to do something with the rediscovered desire?
In typical hostage fashion, his arms and legs were shackled to a wooden chair. Judging by the sturdiness of the seat under his ass and the fine, smooth finish under his palms, this wasn’t a rickety dime store chair. It didn’t even creak as he shifted his weight from side to side. Hmm, so whoever was holding him had enough money to afford quality furnishings for their interrogations.
Since he couldn’t see shit through the hood, he slowed his breathing and tried to gather as much intel as he could.
Wherever he was, it was hot. A slight breeze from his right tickled the hair on his bare arms. The flooring under his shoes was solid, without the slightest give. Concrete probably. And the scent of gasoline and motor oil tickled his nose. An exhaust fan roared nearby, but the room was cavernous, lacking the noise reduction sensation from insulated walls. A warehouse, for certain, or something similar.
And he wasn’t alone.
Time to get the party started.
“Okay, you motherfuckers. You know I’m awake and I know one of you has a deviated septum. So let’s just get down to it, shall we?”
The click-clack of a pair of heels reverberating off the floor was an interesting surprise.
“Remove his hood,” a woman ordered.
The fabric was ripped over his head, and he blinked in the bright light to focus his vision. Once the spots dissipated he locked on to the beautiful female dressed in the sexy-librarian pencil skirt and high heels. She had a semi-circle of assholes standing behind her. Eight of them. The same men who’d drugged him.
At least he assumed they were some of the same men who had shanghaied him earlier. Gone were the wet suits, replaced with black fatigues, but the masks were still in place, and to his amusement one of the men sported a black and blue bruise on the bit of flesh visible through the eyeholes.
“Hello, Steele,” the woman said with a no nonsense smile. “My name is Poppy.”
Today, we welcome the Rebecca York, Saranna DeWylde, Jennifer Kacey, Anna Alexander & Sabrina York to Musings and Ramblings. Let's all give a big Geeky welcome!
HI!!! We’re super excited to be here. Can’t believe we’re finally celebrating the release.
Let's start with some writer specific questions before moving into the fun stuff. That way everyone can really get to know the person behind the writer. We will finish things off with a round of Think Fast. Ready for the interrogation to begin?
So ready!! And we have a little bit of love from all of our authors, so we hope you enjoy!!!
Writing SpecificIs your writing style more plotter or pantser?
- I’m a total pantser. That being said, I usually know whats about to happen 2-3 chapters ahead. But no more than that. Any more planning and my muse thinks its done writing. – Rebecca
- Panster, but I do plot out basics. Like darkest moment, etc. – Saranna
- Plotter – Plotter – Plotter – One of my biggest books had a 50pg outline! – Jenn
- I am a plotting panster. I know where I want to stop on my journey but I don't know how exactly I'll get there until I hit the road and start in live in my character's brains for a while. - Anna
- I write mostly at home in either my bed or my big Lazy Boy chair. I write whenever I can so its some patchworked. – Rebecca
- I write structured. My favorite place to write is my desk. I have a 24 inch screen so all I can see is the screen and that really helps with my oh hey... SQUIRREL! - Saranna
- Anywhere – Anytime – Since I still work so much I squeeze it in while and where I can. At night after my son goes to bed is normally when I write the most. – Jenn
- I write when I can, where I can. My favorite place is at my local pub. It's great. $4 pints, no internet, they serve me, and know when it's time to bring the french fries. - Anna
- Have a business plan – Rebecca
- I suppose it's weird to say nothing. The journey is what it needs to be. I've gotten some goals I've set for myself that turned out not to be the gold rings I thought they were, but I needed to learn that. Both that I could attain dreams that seemed impossible and that sometimes, we need to change direction and our ideas of what happiness and success are. That we need to listen to that quiet voice that says "Hey, maybe this isn't what we want after all." - Saranna
- It's not until you're thrown into the pool that you see how ever-changing the publishing industry is. Sometimes it's every day. Every day! What worked last week, may not work today. Yes, it can be incredibly overwhelming, which is why it's so important to keep in mind the reason why you started writing in the first place and make sure you're still having fun. – Anna
- I’ve loved my journey. I’ve loved the highs and the lows because each one has lead me down “this” path which has been amazing. I also did A LOT of research before I threw my hat into this publishing world so I had a somewhat reasonable idea of what to expect. - Jenn
- I love tattoos. As in LOVE THEM! They’re unique and beautiful and personal and whimsical and fun. They delight me on myself and other people. – Jenn
- I’m terribly shy in person. I am always worried I’m about to say the wrong thing. I’m really exceptionally loyal to those I care about. – Rebecca
- I'm an ambivert, which means I'm both introverted and extroverted. It's complicated. – Saranna
- My great secret is that when I was a little girl, they told my mother she should probably give up all hope that I would ever learn to read or write. Fortunately, my mother never really listened to people who told her things she didn’t want to hear. She gave me a great love of books and encouraged me to explore my “different way of thinking.” With a great deal of stubbornness, her encouragement and an irrepressible love of telling stories, I was able to overcome my severe dyslexia. Although I still have trouble with math (or perhaps I simply dislike it greatly) and directions confuse me. But I can read. And I can certainly write. – Sabrina
- I lived in Las Vegas for five years where I worked at the MGM Grand in guest services. Yes. I have stories. – Anna
- Eating. I am a foodie. Wine. Movies. Broadway shows. And watching television with my husband. - Rebecca
- I am the most boring creature on the planet. All I do is write. – Saranna
- Is there such a thing as not writing?! I love happy hour, going to the movies, reading, dancing, and binge watching shows on the Discovery and History channel. – Anna
- Crochet, run, take my son to the movies, go to kink events, you know the norm *heeheee* - Jenn
Fun StuffIf you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- I’d love to have Thor’s hammer. I think it would be cool to wield that thing – Rebecca
- Flying. One of my biggest fears is falling. Not heights, I love the views. But I imagine that falling to your death would be horrible because it's so inevitable. You'd have this terrible, awful, useless hope that somehow the next five seconds won't be the end. – Saranna
- Telekinesis is the best superpower ever! Moving things with your mind?! Awesome. Awe. Some. – Anna
- Fly. I’ve always wanted to fly - Jenn
- I just read a book called Knight by Kristen Ashely I loved. But I’m really obsessed with books by C.L. Stone right now. – Rebecca
- It's untitled, and it's a WIP from the most glorious Nicolase Mallat. – Saranna
- I'm judging a contest right now, so I'm plowing through seven books and can't say what they are yet. But I've been reading Saga the graphic novel, New 52 Justice League, and Superman and Wonder Woman comics. – Anna
- Amanda Usen’s – Into the Fire – loved it!!! - Jenn
- When people don’t call me back. If I’m waiting for a call, I am really cranky about it. – Rebecca
- Presumption. – Saranna
- When people use age as an excuse to not do or learn something. I always say I want to grow older like Sophia Loren or Helen Mirren. One of my favorite shows is Goldrush, and John Schnable who still drove to the mine at age 93. I will not age gracefully. – Anna
- People not following through with their commitments. Oh. My. Gawd. This drives me nuts. - Jenn
- Greek yogurt. Chopped up zucchini. Shrimp. Cheese. Milk. Apple Juice. Turkey. Not very exciting I’m afraid. – Rebecca
- Who knows? I'm on deadline. All I know for sure is there's bacon and eggs, and heavy creamer for my coffee. – Saranna
- Nothing interesting for sure! I am on a strict diet and eat mostly protein. There are eggs and meat and veggies. There is practically no reason to visit… - Sabrina
- Apples, spinach, plain Greek yogurt, cheese, asparagus, almond milk and ginger ale from my whiskey gingers. Exciting, huh? – Anna
- Lots of fruits and veggies and juices, milk, cheese for boy because I can’t eat it since I’m allergic. Umm…chocolate. Yes! Can’t forget that!! - Jenn
- “It’s all about sex. Every bit of it.” – Jenn
- Hmmm. “One Redhead’s Journey.” – Rebecca
- I actually have a memoir out and it's called Sweet Hell on Fire. It's about the worst year of my life. – Saranna
- "Twenty-four Forever." Either that or "I'll Be at the Bar." - Anna
Think FastAM or PM?
- AM - Jenn
- PM – Rebecca / Saranna / Sabrina / Anna
- Chinese – Jenn / Anna
- Italian – Rebecca
- Neither – I’m gluten free – Saranna
- Can’t either either - Sabrina
- SUMMER – Jenn / Rebecca
- Winter – Saranna / Sabrina / Anna
- Did someone say ice cream? - Jenn
- Cake – Rebecca / Anna
- Pie – No crust – Saranna
- Can’t either either - Sabrina
- Truck - Jenn
- Car – Rebecca / Sabrina / Anna
- Cross-over - Saranna
This set is a huge labor of love and we hope everyone adores it as much as we do! It’s $0.99 right now for the ebook so don’t miss your chance!!
The authors will be awarding a $50 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
Jennifer Kacey is a writer, mother, and business owner living with her family in Texas. She sings in the shower, plays piano in her dreams, and has to have a different color of nail polish every week. She’s the Amazon top seller and award winning author of the Members Only Series and the Surrender Series along with several standalone novels and novellas. The best advice she’s ever been given? Find the real you and never settle for anything less.
To connect with the author online:
Website | The Decadent Divas | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Amazon | Goodreads
Anna Alexander's literary world changed at age thirteen when a friend gave her a copy of Kathleen Woodiwiss's "A Rose in Winter." With her mind thoroughly blown, she decided that one day she too would be a romance writer. With Hugh Jackman's abs and Christopher Reeve's blue eyes as inspiration, she loves spinning tales about superheroes finding love. Sign up to receive news about Anna's latest releases.
To connect with the author online:
Website | The Decadent Divas | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon | Goodreads
National bestselling author, Heather Long, likes long walks in the park, science fiction, superheroes, Marines, and men who aren’t douche bags. Her books are filled with heroes and heroines tangled in romance as hot as Texas summertime. From paranormal historical westerns to contemporary military romance, Heather might switch genres, but one thing is true in all of her stories—her characters drive the books. When she’s not wrangling her menagerie of animals, she devotes her time to family and friends she considers family. She believes if you like your heroes so real you could lick the grit off their chest, and your heroines so likable, you’re sure you’ve been friends with women just like them; you’ll enjoy her worlds as much as she does.
To connect with the author online:
Website | Blog | Paranormal Romantics | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Amazon | Goodreads
As a teenager, Rebecca would hide in her room to read her favorite romance novels when she was supposed to be doing her homework. She is the mother of three adorable boys and is fortunate to be married to her best friend. They are transplants from the northeastern part of the United States to the great state of Texas, specifically Austin. She is in love with science fiction, fantasy and the paranormal and tries to use all these elements in her writing. In her world anything is possible, anything can happen, and you should suspect that it will.
To connect with the author online:
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Google+ | Amazon | Goodreads
Her Royal Hotness, Sabrina York, is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of hot, humorous stories for smart and sexy readers. Her titles range from sweet & sexy to scorching erotic romance. Connect with her on twitter @sabrina_york, on Facebook or on Pinterest. Visit her webpage at www.sabrinayork.com to check out her books, excerpts and contests. Free Teaser Book: http://sabrinayork.com/home-2/sabrina-yorks-teaser-book/ And don’t forget to enter to win the royal tiara!
To connect with the author online:
Website | The Decandent Divas | Sweet N Sexy Divas | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Amazon | Goodreads
Saranna De Wylde has always been fascinated by things better left in the dark. She wrote her first story after watching The Exorcist at a slumber party. Since then, she's published horror, romance and narrative nonfiction. Like all writers, Saranna has held a variety of jobs, from operations supervisor for an airline, to an assistant for a call girl, to a corrections officer. But like Hemingway said, "Once writing has become your major vice and greatest pleasure, only death can stop it." So she traded in her cuffs for a full-time keyboard. She loves to hear from her readers.
To connect with the author online:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Amazon | Goodreads
A New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, I like to write super sexy romances and scorching hot erotica. I live in Texas with my red-bearded Viking husband and a sweet but rowdy preschool-aged daughter with autism and heart defects. We also have two wildly rambunctious Great Danes named Hannibal and Murdock. My other book writing alter ego--Lolita Lopez--was named one of Latina Magazine's Eight Erotic Latina Authors To Check Out. Lo writes deliciously steamy tales for Forever Yours/Grand Central, Mischief/Harper Collins UK, Siren Publishing and Cleis Press.
To connect with the author online:
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon | Goodreads