We’re ringing in the New Year with lots of giveaways! And by sharing some fun and wacky facts about ourselves. There’s a new giveaway at each stop so be sure to visit them all!
One of the questions that I routinely ask an Author is:
"Tell us something about yourself that's not in your bio."
And since this blog hop is about you getting to know me, I thought I would answer this question with 5 fun/weird facts about myself.
- I am the oldest of 6 kids - the youngest being almost 18 years younger than myself. Let's just say that's a lot of changed diapers and free babysitting. And people wonder why I didn't want kids of my own...
- I was a total 80's goth girl in high school - black eyeliner, powder white face, black hair teased to maximum height - and I rocked that look. Of course, it was the 80's when I was in high school.... Wait that should count as another fun fact!
- Before the invention of the ereader, I once moved and had more boxes of books than of anything else... combined. *hangs head* And that was when it became apparent my choices were never move again or weed my library down. All I can say is "Thank Heavens for the invention of the e-reader."
- I have OCD issues about my food... and other things, but mainly my food. For instance, different foods can NOT touch each other on the plate. I don't eat "salad" type foods, what with all the foods just jumbled together. *shudder* And don't even get me started on meal prep and cleanliness standards of other people. I don't participate in potlucks and we will leave it at that.
- And lastly, for all that I am a lover of all things tech, I hate smart phones. HATE them. Phones should be for making calls, tablets/laptops/desktops for computing & browsing the web, cameras for taking pictures, etc. Maybe it's my OCD about combining items, but it just seems that when you combine too many things, none of them work better than an item that has a sole purpose. Don't even get me started on my laptop now using "apps" instead of programs.... *face palm* Oh shit, I've gotten old. Maybe I should... eh, screw it, I'm going to embrace the old. "You damn kids, get off my lawn!"
Well, there you have it. 5 things that are uniquely and most probably, weirdly me.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope I didn't scare anyone off with this glimpse of the non-cyber me. I hope ya'll give me a chance to get to know you, out there in the land of the cyber. ;)
My Giveaway: a book from Book Depository up to $15
Don't forget to go check out some of the other stops.